Al Hero (UM) and Jon How (MIT)
- Student collaborators: Beipeng Mu (MIT), Greg Newstadt (UM), Dennis Wei (UM).
- Interactions: Meetings between co-PI and students occurred over 2013 at conferences and other venues. In July 2013 Beipeng Mu spent 1 month at UM.
- Research goal: To adapt analytical convex optimization framework, developed by Hero'slaboratory for sensor planning in multiple target tracking problems, to
value-driven mission planning applications dveloped in How's laboratory. A paper on this work is currently in preparation for submission to ICASSP.
John Fisher (MIT) and Al Hero (UM)
- Student collaborators: Georgios Papachristoudis (MIT), Greg Newstadt (UM), Hamed Firouzi (UM).
- Interactions: In June 2013 Fisher and two of his students spent 3 days at UM.
- Research goal: Fisher and Papachristoudis have obtained distributed sensor planning strategies for state prediction in the context of Gaussian observations and known topology.
The goal is to develop an analagous distrbiuted sensor planning framework for topology discovery using Poisson asymptotics developed by Firouzi and Hero.