CSEG encourages CSE graduate students to form IM sports teams. We will reimburse half of the IM sports fee up to $50. For example, if the fee is $35, we will pay $17.50; if the fee is $110, we will pay $50.
However, reimbursements will only occur if the guidelines below are followed:
- The team must be announced on cseg-social no less than a week in advance of the first game.
- At least half of the positions on the team must be open when it is announced.
- At least half of the team's members must be from CSEG.
- CSEG members have priority to be on the team. Generally, this means that if two people ask to be on the team at the same time, prefer the CSEG member.
Teams that "renew" for additional seasons can also get reimbursed and are exempt from rule 2 provided that:
- The original team was established using the above guidelines (inlcuding rule 2).
- Rules 1, 3, and 4 are met.
- Any available roster slots must be announced on cseg-social.
- In the event that the entire team is returning and no roster slots are available, the captain must inform the CSEG board of the situation before the season starts.
Exceptions to this policy may be made by the cseg-board on a case-by-case basis. If you request an exception, the request must be made before the season starts and you must convince the board you are following the spirit of the rules.