m (1 revision: Trying to create new page)
Revision as of 17:22, April 25, 2018
- Hosting sign-up sheet
- A sample shopping list for hosts.
- To get reimbursed, save your receipts and give them to Sanae (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 1: Pick a Theme
Tea is always fun, but it's more fun with new and interesting food. If you're feeling ambitious, pick an interesting theme or food idea and run with it. Contact the Tea Chairs to see what CSEG can do to help make your mad plans a reality. (We have a lot of supplies).
Past events have included:
- Liquid nitrogen ice cream
- Grilled kabobs
- Snow Cones
- Queso fountain
Step 2: Go Shopping
Before the event, go to a grocery store (Meijer, Kroger, Costco, etc.) and buy all of the food you need for tea time. The fall/winter budget is $130. The summer budget is $100.
Step 3: Setup (4:00pm F/W, 3:30 S)
At 4:00/3:30pm meet up with a Tea Chair to grab keys. The Tea Chair can point you towards where everything is, but it is not their job to set up and tear down every week.
- Obtain one or two tables from the loading dock. If Brian Rice asks, just tell him it's for tea.
- Rearrange the space.
- Push chairs to edges of the space. No one sits in them and they get in the way when people try to walk around and socialize.
- Set up a table by an electrical outlet so you can plug in the coffee machine.
- Obtain tea supplies from the student lounge.
- You need a key to get into the CSEG cabinet in the lounge. (This is why you met up with the Tea Chair)
- From the cabinet, retrieve the big plastic crates. They should have everything you should need for tea (plates, napkins, forks, cups, fancy platters and bowls, etc).
- Grab the K-cup coffee machine from the counter by the fridge for folks to use during Tea as well.
- You can also get extras things like tablecloths, fondue & shaved-ice machines, and K-cups from the cabinet.
- Also get the easel and whiteboard from the lounge. Write "Today's CSEG Tea is hosted by: <Host's Name>" on it and set it up by the tea area.
- Prepare the spread.
- Put tablecloths over tables.
- Move all food from its original container to a fancy bowl or platter. Presentation makes a big difference.
- Fill the coffee machine reservoir with water and flip the power switch in the back so it starts heating.
- Set out plates, napkins, forks, cups, etc.
Step 4: Announce (4:30/4:00pm)
Have Quentin Stout or a staff member send out an email to the cseg and cse-faculty lists alerting everyone that Tea Time is starting.
Step 5: Clean Up (5:30pm or so)
Clean up all of the food and serving dishes. Wash any plates or bowls that need to be washed. Return all of the CSEG materials to the CSEG cabinet and the tables to the loading dock.
Step 6: Get Reimbursed
Save your receipts and give them to one of the Tea Chairs, or the Treasurer. They will also need your Ann Arbor mailing address, and full name as it should appear on your reimbursement check. The receipt will be scanned and sent to the staff at SOAS, and they will mail you the reimbursement.
What is tea?
CSEG teatime is a food-filled social hour that happens every week on Wednesdays at 4:30pm (fall/winter) or 4:00pm (summer) either outside on the fourth floor balcony of BBB or inside in the third floor alcove by the stairs.
Why do I need to host?
Because hosting tea is great! You pick up groceries for us, so that we don't have to go get them ourselves every single week. We love our hosts!
Do I have to spend money?
We will reimburse you! That's right, you don't lose any money! You just need to go to the grocery store! And help set up on the day of tea!
Why should I bother doing even that much work?
Because just a little work from you is a lot less work for us. Your effort means that tea will keep happening every week. Plus, we will put your name on a fancy sign, so you'll be famous! If that's not enough incentive, you get first-pick of keeping any leftovers during cleanup!
But what should I buy?
You just need to buy food! We take care of other supplies, like plates, napkins, cups, the coffee machine K-Cups, etc. Here is a sample shopping list.
But how much can I spend?
Your budget is $130 in fall/winter, and $100 in the summer. If you have an idea for a particularly awesome tea, ask a tea chair and we can find some more money. Don't forget to send the Tea Chairs your receipts afterwards to get reimbursed!
But I don't have any fancy ideas!
Sometimes hosts do fancy things for tea (like smoothies, liquid nitrogen ice cream, etc.). If you have fancy ideas, that's great! However, you don't have to be so fancy. We're quite happy if the standard delicious food shows up every week.
Okay, so let's say I buy food. Then what do I do with it?
On Wednesday, bring the food and meet up with the CSEG tea chair around 3:45/3:15pm wherever tea is going to be. If the weather is nice, this will be outside on the fourth-floor balcony, and if the weather is not nice, then tea will be in the third floor alcove by the stairs.
Ultimately, if there is free food and people socialize and are happy, tea is a success! Thank you for all of you hard work!!