The social chairperson's job consists primarily of providing food and beverages to ravenous graduate students, faculty, and their companions. The social chairperson should gather a social committee to assist with the duties of chair.
None of this stuff is set in stone. It merely mentions my experiences and thoughts on the matter.
There are three main social events for which the social chairperson is responsible:
- The orientation cookout in September
- Three monthly summer cookouts
- Weekly happy hours during the school year
You may also be called upon to provide snacks for other CSEG events such as:
- Orientation peer counseling sessions
- CSEG Lab Day/IPoCSE cookout
- Food for CSEG officers' meetings
- Pizza for general CSEG meetings
After scheduling an event, be sure to add it to the CSEG calendar.