The main jobs of the Secretary are to maintain the various CSEG mailing lists and the CSEG Web site. All graduate students in the CSE division are automatically eligible to be on these mailing lists.
The Secretary is responsible for moderating the CSEG mailing lists. Information on the mailing lists can be found here.
The two main times when that the mailing list memberships need to be updated are:
- At the beginning of the school year when the Secretary receives from Dawn a list of the uniqnames of all the incoming students.
- During the summer, when incoming graduate students need to be added to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
When first starting, the Secretary should...
- Sit down with the previous Secretary to go over the mailing lists and the various scripts used to manipulate them.
- Change the email@example.com email alias to their email address.
- Change the firstname.lastname@example.org email alias to the email address of the new president.
- Change the password(s) associated with the email@example.com account. The Secretary should inform the President, the VP, and the faculty advisor (Prof. Stout) of the new password(s). Note: Unencrypted email should NOT be used to send the password.
- Update the web-page with the new officers and add the previous officers to the previous officers page.
- Give new officers permission to modify the CSEG calendar and remove old officers.